The last of three week-long Ex Oriente Film workshop sessions will take place March 9–15, 2019, in Prague, within the 8th edition East Doc Platform. Among the first confirmed tutors are Marta Prus, Torstein Parelius and Mila Turajlić.
The lead tutors of the 3rd workshop Ex Oriente Film 2018 are programme director of EDN Mikael Opstrup, consultant and producer Iikka Vehkalahti, director and script editor Ivana Pauerová Miloševičová and director and producer Filip Remunda.
The first confirmed guest tutors:
• Director Marta Prus – her latest film Over the Limit was screened at numerous festivals all over the world, including IDFA and Hot Docs, and received several awards
• Director Lukáš Kokeš – his feature documentaries include Fortress and Nothing Like Before (co-directed with Klára Tasovská), currently nominated for both Czech Lions and Czech Film Critics' Awards
• Director Damian Nenadić – in his first documentary feature, Days of Madness, the director handed the camera over to his mentally-ill protagonists, the documentary was presented at Locarno IFF and ZagrebDox
• Director Mila Turajlić – directed and produced award-winning films The Other Side of Everything and Cinema Komunisto
• Producer Torstein Parelius – his latest projects include Wars Don't End (2018, prod.), Boys Who Like Girls (2018, co-prod.) and Rockabul (2018, co-prod.), Torstein is an outreach producer for UpNorth Film
• Director and editor Stan Neumann – started his film career as an editor and makes inventively constructed documentaries on culture and history (e.g. Photo: A History from Behind the Lens, Apparatchiks & Businessmen)
• Sales agent Aleksandar Govedarica – is in charge of sales & acquisitions of Syndicado: e.g. A Woman Captured (Sundance, IDFA), The Next Guardian (IDFA) and Taste of Cement (IDFA, Visions du Réel)
• Editor Phil Jandaly – working as an editor and consultant out of Sweden, his projects have originated in places as far afield as Serbia, Kenya, France, and Korea, including award winning international productions like Prison Sisters, Killing Time and Liberation Day