The second episode of the series Revamping the Doc Industry, Diversity & Inclusion: The initiatives driving action, not just talk! will take place online on Monday, June 21st, 2pm – 3pm CEST.
After tackling the issue of regulating streamers, the second chapter in Sunny Side of the Doc’s series of talks devoted to revamping the documentary industry will focus on the issue of diversity and inclusion. In the wake of the #MeToo and #BlackLivesMatter movements, the industry has grown more aware of the need to better include and represent a diversity of talents and voices. From ‘no diversity, no commission’ policies to the leverage of public funding, how are self-regulation and regulation turning the tide?
- Anna Serner, chair of the EFAD Gender & Inclusion Working Group & CEO of the Swedish Film Institute
- Sarah Brunet, Policy Officer at Creative Europe MEDIA - European Commission
- Tamara Dawit, Tamara Dawit, Strategy Lead, Equity and Inclusion at CMF - Canada Media Fund
- Alessia Sonaglioni, Executive Director at EWA – European Women’s Audiovisual network
- Jake Wiafe, Senior Content Editor at Real Stories
- Amelia Hanibelsz, Executive Producer at USC Shoah Foundation
This session will be moderated by Mathieu Béjot, Director of Strategy and Development at Sunny Side of the Doc.
In cooperation with EFAD (European Film Agency Directors association) and the Institute of Documentary Film (IDF).
The panel will be accessible after the registration at this address: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_sCD6yMp-Sg2-ocEg5z6XsQ. You will receive a Zoom link to connect to the session.