We are pleased to announce the list of documentary projects that were selected to participate in the 17th edition of the East European Forum which will take place within the East Doc Platform in Prague, March 6-12, 2017.
These nine projects were carefully picked from over 140 applications and will be joined by 12 projects participating in the yearlong developmental workshop Ex Oriente Film 2016. Together they will partake in a five day preparatory workshop, followed by two days of public pitching, round tables, and individual meetings where they will face industry professionals (TVs, funds, festivals and distribution and production company representatives) from Europe and North America to negotiate support for their documentaries.
We would like to congratulate all the selected projects on their success and thank all directors and producers who took the time to apply with their projects.
The projects selected for EEF 2017 are as follows:
1. Bare-Handed (Dir. Stefano Obino, Prod. Silvia Luzi, Luca Bellino; Italy)
2. Bucharest Delta (r. Eva Pervolovici, prod. Martine Vidalenc, France, Rumania)
3. Lust For Life (Dir. Radovan Síbrt, Prod. Radovan Síbrt, Viktória Hozzová; Czech Republic)
4. May 17 (Dir. Rati Tsiteladze, Prod. Rati Tsiteladze, Nino Varsimashvili; Georgia)
5. Mercedes Principle (Dir. Alina Rudnitskaya, Prod. Sigrid Dyekjær; Denmark/Germany)
6. Provincial Town of E (Dir. Dmitry Bogolubov, Prod. Vlad Ketkovich; Russia)
7. Rodeo (Dir. Raimo Jõerand, Kiur Aarma, Prod. Kiur Aarma; Estonia/ Finland)
8. The Unbearable Lightness of the Golden Age (Dir. Ana Lungs, Prod. Anca Puiu; Romania)
9. The Wall of Shadows (Dir. Eliza Kubarska, Prod. Monika Braid; Poland, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland)
The next submission opportunity and deadline within the IDF calendar is May 4, 2017 for Ex Oriente Film workshop.