Beldocs Pro is a creative documentary film workshop programme destined at young film professionals and film students from European countries with low audio-visual production capacity. It will take place in Belgrade (Serbia) for a period of five days during Beldocs International Documentary Film Festival (8-15 May 2017).
The participants will work on their projects with a film professional that will be assigned to them as a tutor. They will also participate in master classes given by renowned filmmakers attending the festival and will be able to present their projects to documentary film industry professionals attending Beldocs Market. Thirteen titles were selected from the East Silver Caravan:
- 5 October by Martin Kollár, producer: Ivan Ostrochovský, Slovakia, Czech Republic
- A Hole in the Head by Robert Kirchhoff, producer: Barbara Janisova Feglova, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Germany, Poland, France, Serbia, Croatia
- Coolture by Miro Remo, producer: Miro Remo, Slovakia
- Dum Spiro Spero by Pero Kvesić, producer: Nenad Puhovski, Croatia
- FC Roma by Tomáš Bojar, Rozálie Kohoutová, producer: Pavla Janoušková Kubečková, Czech Republic
- Gatherers of Sea Grass by Maria Murashova, producer: Vladislav Ketkovich, Anne-Catherine Witt, Russia, France
- Hotel Sunrise by Mária Rumanová producer: Ivan Ostrochovský, Slovakia
- Monk of the Sea by Rafał Skalski producers: Paweł Kosun (Centrala), Agnieszka Janowska(Centrala), Jacek Nagłowski (Centrala), Poland, Germany
- Planet Petrila by Andrei Dascalescu producer: Anamaria Antoci, Romania
- See You In Chechnya by Alexander Kvatashidze, producers: Alexander Kvatashidze, Rebecca Houzel, Juliette Cazanave, Georgia, Estonia, France, Germany
- Two Worlds by Maciej Adamek, producer: Jacek Kucharski, Poland
- Rakijada by Ilić Nikola, producer: Laurin Merz, Switzerland
- Pulse by Robin Petré, producer: Robin Petré, Hungary, Belgium, Portugal
In addition to that, three films were selected to the main program of the Beldocs International Documentary Film Festival: Coolture, Dum Spiro Spero and FC Roma.
The Institute of Documentary Film will be represented by Zdenek Blaha (email@example.com) who will focus especially on new Serbian documentaries.