The 2nd Ex Oriente Film 2019 session will take place at Ji.hlava IDFF October 23–28, 2019. Among the tutors are editor Niels Pagh Andersen, cinematographer and director Erick Stoll, director and producer Audrius Stonys, producer and editor Atanas Georgiev, producer Julianna Ugrin (Éclipse Film) and founder of NOISE Film PR Mirjam Wiekenkamp.
The leading tutors of the 2nd workshop of Ex Oriente Film 2019 are former EDN Head of Studies Mikael Opstrup, consultant and producer Iikka Vehkalahti, director and script editor Ivana Pauerová Miloševičová, and director and producer Filip Remunda.
○ Niels Pagh Andersen has cut more than 250 films of widely different categories, including The Look of Silence and The Act of Killing by Joshua Oppenheimer, Human Flow by Ai Weiwei and Palme by Kristina Lindstrøm and Maud Nycander. Besides his work as editor he has lectured and taught at film schools and universities around the world and as well works as dramaturgist and supervising editor.
○ Erick Stoll is a cinematographer and director, known for feature length documentary debut América (2018), co-directed with Chase Whiteside. The film received numerous awards around the world, incl. Special Mention at CPH:DOX and Illuminate Award at Sheffiled Doc/Fest.
○ Manuela Buono has founded distribution company Slingshot Films in 2013. It is specialized in creative documentaries and art-house fiction films with a focus on debuts, art-house and creative documentaries. She has been involved in film and tv production, and festivals organization for more than 10 years.
○ Audrius Stonys is a director, script writer and producer. Since 1989, Stonys made more than 20 documentary films and one feature film as an independent filmmaker and producer, including Earth of the Blind (1992), which won European Film Awards, and Bridges of Time, currently selected by Lithuania in the Best International Feature Category for the 92nd Academy Awards.
○ Atanas Georgiev is an editor, director and producer. His editing filmography includes Avec l'amour (2017) and Honeyland (2019), currently selected by North Macedonia in the Best International Feature Category for the 92nd Academy Awards.
○ Julianna Ugrin is the owner and producer of Éclipse Film, an independent film production company which she established in 2011. She produced awarded films, such as Train to Adulthood (2015) and A Woman Captured (2017).
○ Mirjam Wiekenkamp is a publicist based in Berlin and Amsterdam. She is one of the founders of NOISE Film PR and handles films at international festivals, such as IDFA, Berlinale, Cannes, Locarno and Venice.
○ Dr. Stefan Rüll is an advocate and mediator with many years of experience in film and television industry, and worked as a director and legal consultant in German production and distribution companies.
At the 2nd session, we will welcome a new project, Nord Express, directed by Karlis Lesins and produced by Elīna Gediņa - Ducena.
Take a look at the complete list of selected projects for Ex Oriente Film 2019:
Comfortable Century (dir. Jaroslav Kratochvíl, prod. Jaroslav Bláha, CZ)
How I Became a Partisan (dir. Vera Lacková, prod. Jan Bodnár, SK, CZ)
Celibacy (dir. & prod. Libuše Rudinská, CZ, PL, SK)
Elevation (dir. Max Rudenko, prod. Oleksandr Debych, UA)
Nord Express (dir. Karlis Lesins, prod. Elīna Gediņa - Ducena, LV, EE)
Roma (dir. Olga Zhurba, prod. Darya Bassel, Viktoria Khomenko, Willem Baptist, Nienke Korthof, UA, NL)
The Pioneer Oath (dir. & prod. Vladimir Milovanovic, RS, ME, HR)
Too Close (dir. Botond Püsök, prod. Melinda Boros, Irina Malcea, HU)
The Shubert Effect (dir. Aleksander Elkan, prod. Ksenia Gapchenko, RU)
The Mothers' Crusade (dir. Alexander Mihalkovich, Anna Bodyako, prod. Alexander Mihalkovich, BY)
Women in Kiosk (dir. Daniel Stopa, prod. Małgorzata Staroń, PL)
Lost&Found (dir. Lauretiu Garofeanu, prod. Cristina Badea, RO, CA)
Look at the photos from the 1st Ex Oriente Film 2019 session in Banská Štiavnica.
Updated on September 26 & 30, 2019.